How do I enroll?
Swimming Classes Islandwide!
Full-time Instructors, Full-time Safety
Learning to swim can be a fun experience however, finding the right instructor can be quite a dilemma. At Singapore Swimming Academy, we take the stress out of locating the right instructor for you or your child.
All of our instructors are certified by the Singapore Sports Council and are qualified to teach the National Swimming Program, SwimSafer. We are all certified in First Aid, CPR and Advanced Lifesaving Techniques, therefore take swimming safely really seriously.
Singapore Swimming Academy matches your requirements to the perfect instructor according to your location and schedule. Best of all, our personalized service is absolutely FREE!
Why should I learn swimming?
Live Longer, Feel Younger
In a 17-year study, those who exercised regularly outlived the less active by a 43 percent margin. And its never too late to turn back the clock; tests on middle-aged women showed that within 12 weeks of regular activity, they had achieved the cardiovascular and metabolic abilities of women 16 years younger!
Apart from trimming waistlines and improving posture, exercise is said to work wonders on the skin, from clearing up acne to preventing wrinkles. Sweating, for one, helps to unclog pores, which can lessen the severity of breakouts. Swimming also promotes the production of collagen, which helps skin to sustain its shape.
Group exercise is an opportunity to reconnect with old friends or meet new ones. Swimming with a partner or group provides support, structure and accountability – in other words, you’ll be more committed to your routine, and more motivated to pick up the pace for a tougher workout.
When you swim, your body produces more endorphins (a feel-good brain chemical) and less hormones. Physical activity also has a meditative effect, where you put aside daily concerns to focus on swimming – this helps you stay calm even when you’re not by the pool. Studies show that active individuals experience less physical symptoms during periods of intense stress, compared with couch potatoes.
Why learn swimming with us?
- We have over 200 instructors in all 24 public pools in Singapore. You may choose your swimming classes according to your preferred timing and location.
- We are proud to boast that we provide the cheapest swimming lesson in Singapore as we have very low overheads and therefore able to pass on savings to our customers.
- We have a very effective teaching system when conducting lessons, which will allow all students to taught the same skills.
- Some children improve by challenging each other, be it holding their breath for the longest time, or swimming the fastest in a lap. Our children group classes also allows your children to expand their social circle!
- Its easy to find friends to jog with you, but definitely not swimming! Meet a friend in our adult group classes to learn swimming together, and progress it into a weekly swimming session after completing lessons.
- We can cater to people with busy working schedule, but do try enrolling for private swimming lessons on weekday evening (Mon – Thu), as most of our instructors are busy with weekly group lessons on weekends.